Jan 5, 2014

DJ Skate Night at Harbourfront

Other than Nathan Phillips Square, the Natrel Rink at Harbourfront Centre is certainly a beautiful sight-seeing destination in Toronto. Hundreds flock to the ice rink by the lake to lace up and skate to music.

Saturday evenings are reserved for DJ-spun mixes while you view the pretty lights and the lake view. The DJs featured come from music scenes that are prominent in Toronto's clubbing culture. However, there are skaters of all ages that come to these skate fest. 







The DJ spinning brazilian beats:



 My friend took this picture using a slow shutter speed. It was a really neat effect!




CP24 came by to cover the skating at Harbourfront. I actually took several pictures before the reporter and cameraman packed up and left. I tried using rules of two-thirds,  and decided to post the picture that had more lines and provided more of a context.


Bokeh Attempts

As you probably know I am obsessed with bokeh. I attempted to play around with a few settings. I took this first one pretty far away. I used manual focus setting (which I changed with the lens):



I found being much closer to a light source provided a much more dramatic effect:



Even more intense bokeh!:


We met up with a few friends to catch-up and warm-up by a fireplace.


I didn't end up skating, but it was a good (but cold) experience. It was really difficult to continue photographing considering my mittens didn't provide the easiest way to change settings to my SLR. I'm hoping summer will provide more photography opportunities!

Cheers!
 
To receive updates, follow me on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.
You can also subscribe to this blog via BlogLovin.

See more posts on excursions in Toronto.


No comments:

Post a Comment