Mar 10, 2014

South Asian Wedding Reception at Berber Social

I was invited to a South Asian wedding reception recently at BerBer Social in the heart of downtown Toronto. There was an open bar, multiple speeches, a Bollywood dance performance, Belly Dancing and delicious cuisine. What I found interesting was that the wedding ceremony and reception actually took place on two different days. 


I took photos with the Canon SL1 with a 24-60mm f 2.8 lens and I loved  the effect and bokeh produced by this lens! 


Outfit 

I borrowed a pink backless, flowly dress for the evening from my cousin Lynne. I loved the bow at the back. I attempted to recreate this hair look I found from Pinterest but I had a really had a hard time.

The Wedding Reception



The beautiful multi-tiered cake with blue detailing. It looked like henna! The cake was delicious, I believe it was vanilla. 

 


The bride and groom dancing together:


One of the bellydancing performers:


This was a wonderful idea! For the wishing well, you would write a message to the bride and groom on these wooden hearts and place inside. I ended up writing quite a few with  my favourite "love" quotes.


Wedding favours for friends and family who came:



The delicious dessert table with macaroons and other treats.

Fun at the Photo Booth

They had a 





All in all it was a wonderful event!


Cheers!
 
To receive updates, follow me on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.
You can also subscribe to this blog via BlogLovin.

See more posts on photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment