May 8, 2014

Homemade Crispy Calamari

This was a very easy recipe I modified from Allrecipes. There are 6 ingredients all together and I finished this within an hour. It was a great addition to the Creamy Pesto Fettuccine I made and this was a hit with my friends and family that tried it.  


Ingredients

  • 3 cups of canola oil 
  • 12 squid rings (I realized afterward I had used too many!)
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
** serve with lemon

Instructions

1. Defrost your squid rings (if frozen) by running in cold water for a few minutes. DO NOT run in hot water as this will cook it. Drain and set aside. 


2. Throw in all of your dry ingredients into a bowl - this will make the batter for the squid rings: flour, salt, oregano and ground black pepper.


3. Stir!


4. One ring at time, rub the dry mixture onto the squid ring like so:



5. Put cooking oil in a pot or skillet on medium heat:


6. Put several squid rings in (you can attempt to do all at once if there is room) for 3 minutes total.


7. Remove and put on papertowel to remove the oil, and then serve!


Bon app├ętit!
 
To receive updates, follow me on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.
You can also subscribe to this blog via BlogLovin

See more posts on recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment